Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC is an SEC-registered broker-dealer and a CFTC-registered futures commission merchant, as well as a member of FINRA, NFA, and all major securities and commodities exchanges.
Interactive Brokers is looking for an experienced Programmer who is a self-starter and enjoys the craft of coding and developing innovative solutions. The ideal candidate is someone who can communicate well with the business side and take a project from conception to a finished project.
- Develop, test and maintain software
- Develop and maintain web based tools and micro services.
- Support the technology needs of the Legal and Compliance Departments
We offer mentorship from seasoned, senior developers.
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with at least one dynamic language such as Perl, Python, Ruby, or R
- Experience with linux command line and text editor vim
- Experience databases and SQL
- Experience with version control and git
- Willingness to learn additional languages such as Go, Python and Perl
- Interest in Fintech industry
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development or Clean Code methodologies
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with database normalization
- Familiarity with algorithms and data structures
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Figures as of September 30, 2018.
Programmer - Compliance Technology
Associated topics: company, compliance, corporate attorney, counsel, courtroom, internal, lawyer, legal affairs, llp, market