Varsity Tutors is seeking an innovative Marketing Manager to help manage, enhance, and develop the company s customer acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and a self-starter, strong ownership, results-oriented, bias for data and for action, and intellectually curious. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to scale and diversify our PPC and paid social marketing channels.
Varsity Tutors is a fast growing education technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. To date, students have accessed more than three million hours of live instruction on the platform.
Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV. The funds will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field or equivalent experience. MBA or graduate level degree is a plus.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-directed.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated campaigns and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Experience in strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Identify, experiment with, prove out, and scale PPC and paid social channels
- Create strategies to engage those leads and convert them to customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with UX, marketing, engineering.
- Once acquisition channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Business development and negotiations as necessary to support.
- Can own acquisition programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs. (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.